Shandon Weekday School is a leading provider of Preschool and School-Age Programs, serving families with children aged infants through grade 8. Shandon Weekday School seeks to hire energetic, joyful, team-oriented part-time (afternoon) teachers who love children. This is a great opportunity for college students (all fields), education students, graduate students, retired teachers, and individuals looking to return to work with children. Continuity is important for children; ideal applicants will be able to maintain employment for a minimum of one year. SWS recognizes not all college students will be able to do this because of changing college class schedules. Part-time teachers may substitute outside of their regular shift to obtain more hours as desired. This position is also a great “foot-in-the-door” opportunity for applicants seeking to transition to full-time at SWS. Shandon Weekday School partners with T.E.A.C.H., a program that allows full-time employees to earn a Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education for free if desired.
Interested in Joining Our Team?
What We Do
• Smile, laugh, and enjoy children.
• Facilitate engaging interactions with and among children.
• Follow a provided, simple daily schedule.
• Supervise students at all times and ensure student safety and well-being.
• With training, complete monthly lesson plans to align with SC State Standards and Creative Curriculum philosophy.
• Welcome families upon pick-up or drop-off and communicate with them about their children's days.
What We Ask
• A love of working with children
• Energetic, upbeat, and friendly demeanor
• Excellent communication skills
• Low absenteeism, ability to be on-time, and excellent work ethic
• Confident classroom management skills with the ability to co-teach up to 20 children (depending on age and defined student-to-teacher ratios)
• Organization skills and the ability to complete simple administrative tasks
• Ability to work closely with colleagues as part of a team
• Willingness to follow a conservative cell-phone policy
What We Give
• Part-time: paid holidays, ability to substitute outside of regular shift if desired, ability to transition to full-time status if desired.
• Full-time: paid holidays, paid sick days, paid vacation days, 1/2 insurance paid (including dental and vision), retirement plan, 1/2 tuition for children (providing space available), hot lunches prepared on site, participation in T.E.A.C.H. (program to get Associates degree and/or Bachelors degree in Early Childhood for free, including paid release time during the day to leave the classroom and complete homework assignments)
• Friendly, family-oriented atmosphere with nights and weekends free